It’s been several weeks since the 14 August eruption of violence against Egypt’s churches, and now in-depth news accounts of the attacks and their aftermath are beginning to emerge from the mainstream media. The latest example is an absorbing report by Hamza Hendawi for the Associated Press, showing how Islamists in the the Upper Egypt town of Dalga, beyond the reach of security forces, have taken control of the town, squeezing Christians. Worth a read.
- Burkina Faso: Fulani pastor brings hope to stigmatised communities
- Swiss woman, hostage almost 5 years, killed by Islamist extremists in Mali
- Priest, held by Islamist extremists for two years, freed in Mali
- Eritrean evangelical Christians freed on bail due to COVID-19
- “Why don’t these black lives matter?”