On 29 March, World Watch Monitor reported that a teenage girl, detained in Cameroon when authorities discovered she was carrying explosives, claimed she was one of the nearly 300 girls kidnapped two years ago from her school in Chibok, Nigeria. Today, the BBC is reporting that Nigerian officials say the girl is not a Chibok kidnapping victim. The report does not indicate the girl’s actual circumstances.
Girl with explosives not a Chibok victim
By World Watch Monitor Nigeria Chibok girls, Nigeria
- Egypt: Copt and son killed in IS attack
- Pakistan: Christians continue to face blasphemy convictions and violent attacks
- Egypt: Father and son stabbed in latest attack on Copts
- ICC Prosecutor visits Nigeria to discuss war crimes and crimes against humanity with government
- Egypt: Copt stabbed seven times by neighbour who’d lured in his son