On 29 March, World Watch Monitor reported that a teenage girl, detained in Cameroon when authorities discovered she was carrying explosives, claimed she was one of the nearly 300 girls kidnapped two years ago from her school in Chibok, Nigeria. Today, the BBC is reporting that Nigerian officials say the girl is not a Chibok kidnapping victim. The report does not indicate the girl’s actual circumstances.
- Nigeria’s Kano State Governor converts Christian under-age girl to Islam
- Nigerian girl, 17, escapes month in locked room after abduction and forcible conversion to Islam
- Mass exodus of teachers triggers education crisis in north east Kenya
- UN Sec. General’s “biggest data gap in the world” affects persecuted Christian women
- 40 Pakistani Christians freed after almost 5 years in prison on trial for ‘terrorism’