On 29 March, World Watch Monitor reported that a teenage girl, detained in Cameroon when authorities discovered she was carrying explosives, claimed she was one of the nearly 300 girls kidnapped two years ago from her school in Chibok, Nigeria. Today, the BBC is reporting that Nigerian officials say the girl is not a Chibok kidnapping victim. The report does not indicate the girl’s actual circumstances.
- Burkina Faso: Fulani pastor brings hope to stigmatised communities
- Swiss woman, hostage almost 5 years, killed by Islamist extremists in Mali
- Priest, held by Islamist extremists for two years, freed in Mali
- Eritrean evangelical Christians freed on bail due to COVID-19
- “Why don’t these black lives matter?”