On 29 March, World Watch Monitor reported that a teenage girl, detained in Cameroon when authorities discovered she was carrying explosives, claimed she was one of the nearly 300 girls kidnapped two years ago from her school in Chibok, Nigeria. Today, the BBC is reporting that Nigerian officials say the girl is not a Chibok kidnapping victim. The report does not indicate the girl’s actual circumstances.
- 176 children lost one or both parents in Sri Lanka Easter bombings
- Afghanistan: Radical Islamist groups recruit at universities
- Nigeria: Violence continues but government in denial, church leaders say
- ‘It’s time to be real: what happens in Iraq is ethnic cleansing’ – UK analyst
- Ethiopia: Pressure on churches building; evangelical church told to vacate after ten years