On 29 March, World Watch Monitor reported that a teenage girl, detained in Cameroon when authorities discovered she was carrying explosives, claimed she was one of the nearly 300 girls kidnapped two years ago from her school in Chibok, Nigeria. Today, the BBC is reporting that Nigerian officials say the girl is not a Chibok kidnapping victim. The report does not indicate the girl’s actual circumstances.
- Boko Haram has killed more than Islamic State in Iraq and Syria combined
- Turkey orders deportation of pastor’s American wife, a mother-of-three, in string of expulsions
- “Incessant killing more dangerous than Coronavirus”: report on Nigeria to UK Parliament
- Nigeria’s Kano State Governor converts Christian under-age girl to Islam
- Nigerian girl, 17, escapes month in locked room after abduction and forcible conversion to Islam