On 29 March, World Watch Monitor reported that a teenage girl, detained in Cameroon when authorities discovered she was carrying explosives, claimed she was one of the nearly 300 girls kidnapped two years ago from her school in Chibok, Nigeria. Today, the BBC is reporting that Nigerian officials say the girl is not a Chibok kidnapping victim. The report does not indicate the girl’s actual circumstances.
- Iraq: Five years after IS occupied Mosul, returnees live in fear
- India: Supreme Court orders Kandhamal Christian freed on bail after 10 years in prison
- Burkina Faso: 5 leaders killed in 3 months as Islamists continue to target churches
- Sri Lankan Christians grapple with aftermath of Easter bombings amid fears of fresh attacks
- Ten years after fake blasphemy charge, Pakistani Asia Bibi reunited with family