Philemon Semere, an Eritrean refugee, tells the BBC’s Mike Thomson about the terrible suffering he experienced, which included electric shocks, beating, burns and death threats, after being kidnapped in Sudan. “God brought me out of the deepest darkness and only he knows what lies ahead for me now,” Semere said.
- Nigeria’s Kano State Governor converts Christian under-age girl to Islam
- Nigerian girl, 17, escapes month in locked room after abduction and forcible conversion to Islam
- Mass exodus of teachers triggers education crisis in north east Kenya
- UN Sec. General’s “biggest data gap in the world” affects persecuted Christian women
- 40 Pakistani Christians freed after almost 5 years in prison on trial for ‘terrorism’