Philemon Semere, an Eritrean refugee, tells the BBC’s Mike Thomson about the terrible suffering he experienced, which included electric shocks, beating, burns and death threats, after being kidnapped in Sudan. “God brought me out of the deepest darkness and only he knows what lies ahead for me now,” Semere said.
- ICC Prosecutor visits Nigeria to discuss war crimes and crimes against humanity with government
- Egypt: Copt stabbed seven times by neighbour who’d lured in his son
- Egypt: Coptic Christian imprisoned for 5 years for ‘blasphemy’
- Pakistan: ‘Attack on pastors illustrative of increasing pressure’, say Christians
- Afghanistan overtakes N Korea as most dangerous place to live as a Christian