As reported in our recent article, Uganda also has troops fighting Al-Shabaab in Somalia. In May, the US Embassy in Kampala warned churches that there was a credible threat against them. Now it appears as if local Muslim extremists may be exploiting regional tensions to attack their neighbours, as Uganda’s New Vision reports.
- ‘I must denounce this wickedness openly’ – detained Chinese pastor
- Pakistan joins US list of worst religious freedom violators
- Indian Christians heave sighs of relief as Hindu nationalists lose elections in key states
- Egypt: Copt sentenced to three years in prison for ‘blasphemous’ Facebook post
- Indonesian Christian governor Ahok set for early release from prison