As reported in our recent article, Uganda also has troops fighting Al-Shabaab in Somalia. In May, the US Embassy in Kampala warned churches that there was a credible threat against them. Now it appears as if local Muslim extremists may be exploiting regional tensions to attack their neighbours, as Uganda’s New Vision reports.
- 20+ Nigerian Christians drown in river attempting to escape Fulani attackers
- Abduction of Italian priest shocks Niger
- Boko Haram kills midwife, threatens to kill other hostages, including Leah Sharibu, unless demands met
- ‘Being Burmese means being Buddhist’ – pastor explains discrimination faced by Christians in Myanmar
- Central African Republic: Dozens feared dead after massacre in Bria