As reported in our recent article, Uganda also has troops fighting Al-Shabaab in Somalia. In May, the US Embassy in Kampala warned churches that there was a credible threat against them. Now it appears as if local Muslim extremists may be exploiting regional tensions to attack their neighbours, as Uganda’s New Vision reports.
- Pakistan Christian escapes death for ‘clearly fabricated’ blasphemy
- Algeria closes fourth church in four months
- Ethiopian Protestant loses appeal against prison sentence for ‘causing outrage to religious peace and feeling’
- Coptic teacher charged with contempt of religion for questions about Muhammad
- Turkey: date set for trial of US pastor Andrew Brunson