As reported in our recent article, Uganda also has troops fighting Al-Shabaab in Somalia. In May, the US Embassy in Kampala warned churches that there was a credible threat against them. Now it appears as if local Muslim extremists may be exploiting regional tensions to attack their neighbours, as Uganda’s New Vision reports.
- ‘It’s time to be real: what happens in Iraq is ethnic cleansing’ – UK analyst
- Ethiopia: Pressure on churches building; evangelical church told to vacate after ten years
- Iraq: Five years after IS occupied Mosul, returnees live in fear
- India: Supreme Court orders Kandhamal Christian freed on bail after 10 years in prison
- Burkina Faso: 5 leaders killed in 3 months as Islamists continue to target churches