As reported in our recent article, Uganda also has troops fighting Al-Shabaab in Somalia. In May, the US Embassy in Kampala warned churches that there was a credible threat against them. Now it appears as if local Muslim extremists may be exploiting regional tensions to attack their neighbours, as Uganda’s New Vision reports.
Uganda troops fight Al-Shabaab
By World Watch Monitor Uganda Al-Shabaab, Islamic extremism, Kampala, Somalia, Uganda
- Niger: US aid worker Jeff Woodke released
- Egypt: Copt and son killed in IS attack
- Pakistan: Christians continue to face blasphemy convictions and violent attacks
- Egypt: Father and son stabbed in latest attack on Copts
- ICC Prosecutor visits Nigeria to discuss war crimes and crimes against humanity with government